1927 Canberra Florin - Extremely Fine
- Issued to commemorate the opening of Parliament House on May 9, 1927
- Australia's first commemorative coin
- Features one of Australia's most beautiful reverse designs
- Struck from sterling silver
- Stunning in Extremely Fine, as here!
Issued for the opening of Parliament House, the 1927 Canberra Florin was Australia's first commemorative coin. It bears a stunning depiction of the building's faҫade and is also, arguably, our most beautiful. Struck from sterling silver, this coin's mintage of two million was quickly absorbed by the general public - and it is prized by collectors today.
Acclaimed artisan George Kruger Gray designed the famous reverse motif, rich with fine detail that is enhanced further by the precious metal. In breathtaking Extremely Fine, it's easy to see why this predecimal coin captivated the nation upon release.
Combining rich history, a phenomenal design and sought-after status, this coin is a must-have in Extremely Fine. Secure yours today - click 'add to cart' now!