2000 Masterpieces in Silver - Coins of the 20th Century - Monarchs - BRAND NEW AND SEALED
The Masterpieces in Silver series was produced from 1988 to 2011 by the Royal Australian Mint. This long running coin series is dedicated to Australian themes and events that have shaped Australia as a nation.
The 1999 Masterpieces in Silver - Proof fine silver set pays tribute to the Coins of the 20th Century - Monarchs of the Commonwealth of Australia.
The 2000 Masterpieces in Silver set features the portraits of all monarchs who have appeared on Australian coinage in the 20th century
The portraits of:
- Queen Victoria ($2 coin, 8.55 grams, 20.5 mm diameter)
- King George V (20 cent coin, 13.36 grams, 28.5 mm diameter)
- King George VI (50 cent coin, 36.31 grams, 38.7 mm diameter)
- King Edward VII (20 cent coin, 13.36 grams, 28.5 mm diameter)
- and Queen Elizabeth II (20 cent coin, 13.36 grams, 28.5 mm diameter)
are depicted. The set also comes with a plaque
Reverse sides of the coins were designed by multiple artists, from Sir Thomas Brock to Mary Gillick, with the Obverse of each carrying the portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Ian Rank-Broadley.
Coins are struck to proof quality and are of multiple denominations.