2001 Australian 50 Cent Coin - CENTENARY OF FEDERATION - NORFOLK ISLAND Coin Pack
- Issued to celebrate the 100 years since the Federation of Australia
- Struck by the Royal Australian Mint - Australian legal tender
- Mintage just 2.2 million - tiny for a circulating coin!
- Impossible to find in change in strictly Uncirculated condition, as here
- Presented in an elegant, credit card-style pack
Issued in 2001, the Norfolk Island 50c coin was released as part of the Centenary of Federation 50c series. Australia had achieved Federation 100 years prior, in 1901, and it was a milestone worth celebrating. Comprising ten coins, the series is a crucial element of Australian decimal collecting. Why? Because it features Australia's lowest-mintage circulating 50c types!
The Federation 50c series included nine coins that each honoured a separate state or territory, along with a tenth that featured the Australian Coat of Arms. This eye-catching coin celebrates Norfolk Island, and is an incredibly low-mintage issue. Just 2.2 million coins were struck!
A unique, one-year-only legal tender type, the 2001 Norfolk Island 50c is a must-have for a complete decimal collection. Now 17 years post-release, it's very hard to find in change in any grade - and impossible in pristine Uncirculated condition!
Here is your chance to keep your collection complete in premium grade. Each coin is presented in an attractive, credit card-style pack - the perfect way to view and store your new treasure.