2016 Decimal Currency 50th Anniversary Fifty Cent Coin Pack
- The first and only circulating Australian 50c coin with a commemorative obverse!
- Struck by the Royal Australian Mint to honour the 50th anniversary of Decimal Currency
- A unique, one-year-only legal tender type
- Mintage just 6.91 million ‐ tiny for a circulating coin!
- Presentation includes a superb, informative card
- Secure yours now in stunning Uncirculated condition!
The Decimal Currency 50th Anniversary 2016 50c coin is the first and only circulating coin of its denomination to bear a commemorative obverse! A must for all decimal coin collectors, it's a unique, one-year-only legal tender type.
Issued to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Decimal Currency in Australia, this 50c coin bears a superb commemorative obverse inspired by predecimal coinage. The motif draws inspiration from the iconic 'Ram's Head' reverse used on the shilling ‐ the perfect way to encapsulate such monumental change.
With a mintage of just 6.91 million, it's no surprise that these coins are hard to come by in change in any grade. Let alone in pristine Uncirculated condition, as presented here!