2022 United Kingdom/Royal Mint - Royal Tudor Beasts The Lion of England 2022 £5 CuNi Brilliant Uncirculated Coin
- The second coin in a series celebrating the powerful Tudor dynasty.
- Features the Lion of England – the oldest and most iconic of the Royal Beasts.
- The majestic reverse design was created by the artist and illustrator David Lawrence.
- Includes packaging that explores the story of the lion and the different design elements of the heraldic Royal Beasts.
- Created in collaboration with the experts at Historic Royal Palaces.
The Royal Mint is commemorating the ten heraldic Royal Beasts that line the Moat Bridge of Hampton Court Palace. Created at the behest of Henry VIII, the beasts symbolised the legitimacy of the king’s rule by portraying his regal ancestry. The first coin in the series featured the Seymour Panther and now the collection continues with a coin celebrating the Lion of England.
The Lion of England is one of the oldest and most iconic beasts in heraldry. It first appeared on royal emblems in the twelfth century and has been part of the shield of England for as long as it has existed. Chosen to represent pride and courage, the Lion of England on the Moat Bridge at Hampton Court Palace holds a shield bearing the impaled – or combined – arms of Henry VIII and Jane Seymour, symbolising the strength of the couple’s union.
I’ve got absolutely nothing to say apart from - totally awesome, the coins are a 10/10, Brock is a legend, I was a king time looky Lou, first time buyer, he helped me out with some questions basically replying immediately, loose change is a fantastic site and business for rare circulated and uncirculated, to brand spanking new, I can’t recommend loose change enough m