Pirate Guide to Collecting Australian Coins - by Damian Walker
Written by Brisbane author and fellow coin connoisseur Damian Walker, this book lists ALL coins currently in circulation, including the coloured $2 coins released by Woolworths and the alphabet coins from Australia Post as of the start of 2022.
There are high quality images of every coin, so you can see exactly what to look for, plus mintages so you know which coins are rarest.
It’s a guide to help you figure out:
- Which coins have been released into circulation over the years
- How rare each coin is
- What the coins look like, so you know what you’re looking for (and can easily spot errors)
- Which mini-sets you can complete
- Common errors and varieties that might be valuable.
Whether you're a new or experienced collector, this book will help you discover which coins to look for and what's left to collect.
There is one chapter for each denomination currently in circulation in Australia ($2, $1, 50c, 20c, 10c & 5c). Each chapter has:
- High quality photos of every coin design in circulation since 1966 by the Royal Australian Mint
- Mintage (rarity) for each coin
- Photos of all coins released through retail stores (Woolworths & Australia Post)
- Errors and varieties unique to that coin, including how to spot them!
The Two Dollar section includes details of the following special releases from Woolworths (with photos and mintage details):
2016 Olympics $2 Set,
2017 Possum Magic $2 Set,
2018 Commonwealth Games $2 Set,
2019 Mr Squiggle $2 Set,
2019 Wallabies coin,
2020 Women’s Cricket coin,
2020/21 Olympics $2 set, and
2021 Wiggles $2 Set.
The One Dollar section includes the Australia Post Alphabet series from both 2019 and 2021, with photos and mintage details of all 26 coins from these sets.
In addition, there is a section on the errors and variations unique to each coin, such as the Mule Error from the 2000 dollar, and the valuable Bullseye error.
This information is really hard to find in one place, especially with photos of the actual coins. This guide brings all the information together for you in one place, and is up-to-date as of the start of 2022!
Read more about this book and the story behind it at the following link: